CURBSIDE RECYCLING is NOW available in ALL seven GRIC Districts.
- From May, 2011 through October 2016, GRIC residents have collected 1,490,140 pounds (745.07 Tons) of recyclable material. When a household recycles, trash can be reduced by 40 to 60 percent!
- Recycling has saved the Community $44,704 in trash disposal fees.
- Recycling keeps material out of landfills. When a landfill reaches capacity and is closed, it must be monitored for 30 years to ensure no toxic chemicals contaminate groundwater.
- The U.S. uses 25 BILLION styrofoam cups per year. The cups leave synthetic material in a landfill forever.
- Every three months, Americans throw enough aluminum in the landfills to build our nation’s entire commercial air fleet.